Date: 18-19 July 1900
Location: Dongolo To The Rear Guard
Situation: 10th Hussars Ride To The Rear Guard
See Previous Chapter 59: Before The Second Wave Posted 2 February 2013
FROM THE MEMOIR OF TROOPER HAM, 1Oth HUSSARS
"TO THE REAR GUARD"
18-19 JULY 1900
Trooper Ham: "I'm guessing they heard cannon fire from Dongolo and stood to. They might have been anxious seeing dust in the valley below raised by our two squadrons."
Trooper Corey: "Urgent message for Colonel Keene from the General."
Colonel Keene: "We heard low rumbling cannon fire to the east yesterday. None today."
Trooper Corey: "Them Tugs brought on a prodigious battle Colonel. They had some large calibre cannons and ours fired smart replies back at 'em."
Colonel Keene: "We'll march within the next hour. Bugler! Sound officer's call."
1) Tents with the naval shore party are Renedra which I bought from: http://www.architectsofwar.com/plasticterrain.aspx
2) The others with the Lincolnshires are pup tents are from Miniature Building Authority. See: http://www.miniaturebuildingauthority.com/products.asp?cat=Direct+Terrain
3) Troopers Ham and Corey are from Bicorne Miniatures. See Colonial Sudan from the Connoisseur Range by Peter Gilder. http://www.bicorne.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=292_102_162&osCsid=812a6849c40d2201d84fcfbbba814ab0
4) The next post will describe the The Battle of Dongolo conclusion.
5) Thank you for looking in. Your remarks are welcome below, if you please.