Date: 16 October 1899
Location: Two Miles From The Escarpment Camp
Situation: Imperial Pursuit Three Hours After The Sunrise Battle Of The 16th
BTW: Clicked images expand amazingly. Try two clicks too.
Previously The Khyber Field Force pursued the Tug Army to a sheer escarpment on 15 October. KHAN attacked the next morning from behind but retreated. Resolved to engage the foe where found, General Pettygree immediately broke camp and gave chase with the brigade of cavalry. The farthest in front are 1/10th Hussars....
Pvt. Thornton: "Or to the right."
Sgt. Bourne: "Aye but you blind chaps, look...."
1. The surprise attack by KHAN this morning might as well have been months ago.
2. What lies behind that distant ridge?
3. Will the Imperial infantry and artillery arrive to give battle today? They are coming. Turn around in your imagination to observe the brigade square marching toward you; dust rising in the sky, jingling equipment mixing with the voices of unhappy supply animals and their handlers.
4. You may have heard the general say, "If the infantry comes up soon, we will cross the river and attack today. That chap KHAN won't get away again if he stands."
5. The tabletop game will be fought in two sessions on 9 and 13 April - hopefully to conclusion.
6. What would you do if you were KHAN or Pettygree?
7. Comments welcome below at the word "Comments."