Wednesday, August 7, 2024

RESCUE IN 54mm ARRIVALS #2

 

PRESENT DAY
MANZIBAR ISLAND
SOMEWHERE IN THE INDIAN OCEAN

See Chapter 1 here:

"Ragnar Khan sighted the Imperials landing in Kokona Bay. Sound assembly Navali."

"May I remind the Captain, if you please, the horses are being watered."


"Right. We must be ready for our time, our destiny, is near."

"What is going on? I'll go the the ruins and find out."

"Thank you for joining us Miss Roosevelt. Henceforth we shall drop the pretense of your incognito names because the game is afoot."

"You have that advantage, Sir."

"I always did."

"Turn and observe Kokona Bay. See the warships anchored offshore? I believe the men assembling on the beach are from your country, Princess Alice Windsor."

"They will rout you, Ragnar Khan, if I know those bluejackets."

"Then, let them come. I told you the great powers would arrive to rescue you."

"You are a ruffian, Sir."

"True, but with good cause."

"Good cause!" remarked the Princess. "What cause?" she demanded.

"Revenge. Don't you remember your history, ladies? My Father, Ragnar Khan I, was ignominiously defeated and imprisoned on the Northwest Frontier where he died. I blame General Pettygree. He had the gall to call my lost realm inheritance, The Empire of Wrath."

"Your father's armies were among the cruelest in history invading India."

"Rubbish. Observe the arrogant confidence coming hither."

Royal Marines.

"Longboats bringing your bluejackets ashore."

"Scottish Highlanders, so far from home."

"You will never succeed Ragnar Khan.  Imprisonment or the gallows beckons. You will not escape that destiny."

"I can and will."

Meanwhile at Kokona Beach
"Mate, call over the Petty Officer."

"Oh sure, you do it, yourself, Jacko." 

"Sir, that ruin far away. Is that where the ladies are?"

"Yes lad. That's what our commanding officer says. Look alive for the foe. There's no telling where they are hid'n in all that vegetation."

"Aye, aye."

CLOSING REMARKS

1. Forces from England and Scotland are assembling ashore.

2. Waiting for the Americans.
----------          ----------          ----------



No comments: