Monday, January 9, 2012

In Memorium

Sparks (January 18, 1997-January 9, 2012) 
Sparkling Diamonds of Snowwood,
Sparky, Pup, Mr. Sparks, Sparkies,
Big Fellah, Good Fellah, My Blessing, Big Guy,
My Good Boy, GooOD-NEsss and My Friend.
------------------------------
He lasted until January 9th, 2012 after nearly fifteen years of love, adventure, fun and enormous satisfaction.
He was a wonderful gift and blessing for us.
The above photo of him is before he started becoming unwell a few years ago.
A magnificent and peaceful dog. A credit to the breed.
Oh the memories....
----------------------------------------

In the blue Suburban anticipating aromas and sites.
------------------------------

Dalmatians typically have black spots.
Sparks had "liver-colored" spots of dark chocolate brown.
------------------------------

Sparks loved walking Trinity Wetland Habitat Conservatory.
Now he has another lovely place to walk, sniff and play.
------------------------------

17 comments:

Furt said...

Rest in peace ol' boy. :(

Frank
http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com.au/

Bluebear Jeff said...

My sincere condolences, sir. I've had to say that final goodby a few times myself . . . and it is never easy.


-- Jeff

Steve Gill said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Sparks, bless him.

My condolences to yourself and family.

Steve

Michael Awdry said...

My deepest sympathies.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Both you and Fitz have had sad starts/ends to the year... commiserations Bill...

Mad Padre said...

My sincere condolences. May God, who blessed us with the love of our dogs, welcome Sparks into his presence.

Pax,

Mike

Phil said...

Thoughts are with you Bill.
All the best
Phil

Paul´s Bods said...

Sad news :-(
---Paul

Colonel Shofer said...

He is now busy, waiting at Rainbow Bridge.

My thoughts are with you all.

CS

Cindy A. Matthews said...

My sincere condolences for your loss. It's always a wrench when our best friends leave us.

Tigernaut said...

Never easy but it really shouldn't be for those who mean so much. May he always run in the sunshine.

Millsy said...

They don't call them "man's best friend" for nothing. Lovely looking dog and you have my condolences mate.

Gallia said...

Everyone,
Thank you very very much for taking time to express such warm and kind sentiments for our loss. We appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Sincerely yours,
Bill

Brent said...

Sorry for your loss, Bill.

CelticCurmudgeon said...

Dear Bill,
Every time you remember your friend it affirms the special relationship you had with Sparks. I know you must be sad but there is a glimmer of joy to be found in all those memories.
I wish you the best.
Jerry Lannigan

benglish said...

What a beautiful dog. Condolences to you and your family.

Larry Stehle said...

It seems we have them for just a little while, then they go on...

R.I.P. Ol' Boy...